[Numpy-discussion] f2py : NotImplementedError: Only MS compiler supported with gfortran on win64

Jonathan T. Niehof jniehof at lanl.gov
Mon Sep 12 13:17:16 EDT 2011

> Is anyone successfully using f2py and gfortran on a Windows machine
> without relying on cygwin?

SpacePy uses mingw32 for both gcc and gfortran; I didn't have any trouble
with f2py. I haven't tried a build with 64-bit Python or with EPD; I just
build the installer against python.org's python and a bog-standard mingw32
and numpy install. Feel free to take a look at our setup.py
(http://spacepy.lanl.gov/). It runs f2py with:
--fcompiler=gnu95 --compiler=mingw32

(Note that gfortran normally refers to the new f90/95 chain, called gnu95
by f2py, and g77 is the old, f2c-derived chain, called gnu by f2py.)

--
Jonathan Niehof
ISR-3 Space Data Systems

Phone: 505-667-9595
email: jniehof at lanl.gov

Correspondence /
Technical data or Software Publicly Available