[Numpy-discussion] finding elements that match any in a set

Neil Crighton neilcrighton at gmail.com
Sun May 29 13:03:25 EDT 2011

Michael Katz <michaeladamkatz <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Yes, thanks, np.in1d is what I needed. I didn't know how to find that.

Did you check in the documentation? If so, where did you check? Would you have
found it if it was in the 'See also' section of where()?

(http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/generated/numpy.where.html)

I ask because people often post to the list needing in1d() after not being
able to find it via the docs, so it would be nice to add references in
the places people go looking for it.

Neil