[Numpy-discussion] Numpy steering group?

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Tue May 3 13:07:26 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 5:21 AM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 8:52 PM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is just to follow up on a dead thread of mine a little while back.
>>
>> I was asking about letters for Clint Whaley's tenure case, from numpy,
>> but I realized that I don't know who 'numpy' is :)
>>
>> Is there in fact a numpy steering group?    Who is best to write
>> letters representing the 'numpy community'?
>
> At http://scipy.org/Developer_Zone there's a list of people under a
> big header "steering committee". It seems to me that writing such a
> letter representing the community is one of the purposes that
> committee could serve.

Ah - yes - thanks for the reply.

In the interests of general transparency - and given that no-one from
that group has replied to this email - how should the group best be
addressed?   By personal email?  That seems to break the open-source
matra of everything on-list:

http://producingoss.com/en/setting-tone.html#avoid-private-discussions

Thanks again,

Matthew