[Numpy-discussion] ANN: Numpy 1.6.1 release candidate 1

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 20 15:43:36 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 8:50 PM, Bruce Southey <bsouthey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I copied the files but that just moves the problem. So that patch is
> incorrect.
>
> I get the same errors on Fedora 15 supplied Python3.2 for numpy 1.6.0 and
> using git from 'https://github.com/rgommers/numpy.git'.  Numpy is getting
> Fedora supplied Atlas (1.5.1 does not).
>
> It appears that there is a misunderstanding of the PEP because 'SO' and
> 'SOABI' do exactly what the PEP says on my systems:

It doesn't on OS X. But that's not even the issue. As I explained before,
the issue is that get_config_var('SO') is used to determine the extension of
system libraries (such as liblapack.so) and python-related ones (such as
multiarray.cpython-32m.so).  And the current functions don't do mindreading.

> '.cpython-32m.so'
> 'cpython-32m'
>
> Consequently, the name, 'multiarray.pyd', created within numpy is invalid.

I removed the line in ctypeslib that was trying this, so I think you are not
testing my patch.

Ralf