[Numpy-discussion] what python module to handle csv?

Chao YUE chaoyuejoy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 12:10:52 EDT 2011

Dear all pythoners,

what do you use python module to handle csv file (for reading we can use
numpy.genfromtxt)? is there anyone we can do with csv file very convinient
as that in R?
can numpy.genfromtxt be used as writing? (I didn't try this yet because on
our server we have only numpy 1.0.1...). This really make me struggling
since csv is a very
important interface file (I think so...).

Thanks a lot,

Sincerely,

Chao

Chao YUE
Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement (LSCE-IPSL)
UMR 1572 CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
Batiment 712 - Pe 119
91191 GIF Sur YVETTE Cedex
Tel: (33) 01 69 08 77 30; Fax:01.69.08.77.16