[Numpy-discussion] Problem with boolean-indexing of structured arrays

Benjamin Root ben.root at ou.edu
Sat Jul 16 15:12:21 EDT 2011

Just a heads-up, I have uncovered a serious bug in one of my programs and
traced it down to a boolean indexing of a structured array in the current
master branch of numpy.  While I am still investigating exactly what  is
happening, my initial suspicion is that data from another structured array
is getting transplanted into the array view that I have.  I have not
encountered this bug before, but I am currently checking with older versions
of numpy to see if it is a regression or not.

I will update with more information shortly.

Ben Root