[Numpy-discussion] How to tell if I succeeded to build numpy with amd, umfpack and lapack

Samuel John scipy at SamuelJohn.de
Wed Jan 26 09:08:32 EST 2011

Hi there!

I have successfully built numpy 1.5 on ubuntu lucid (32 for now).
I think I got ATLAS/lapack/BLAS support, and if I
>  ldd linalg/lapack_lite.so
I see that my libptf77blas.so etc. are successfully linked. :-)

However, how to I find out, if (and where) libamd.a and libumfpack.a
have been found and (statically) linked.
As far as I understand, I they are not present, a fallback in pure
python is used, right?

Is there a recommended way, I can query against which libs numpy has
been built?
So I can be sure numpy uses my own compiled versions of libamd, lapack
and so forth.

And the fftw3 is no longer supported, I guess (even if it is still
mentioned in the site.cfg.example)

Bests,
 Samuel

--