[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 2.0 schedule

Travis Oliphant oliphant at enthought.com
Tue Jan 25 15:13:40 EST 2011

On Jan 25, 2011, at 10:42 AM, Charles R Harris wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just thought it was time to start discussing a release schedule for numpy 2.0 so we have something to aim at. I'm thinking sometime in the period April-June might be appropriate. There is a lot coming with the next release: the Enthought's numpy refactoring, Mark's float16 and iterator work, and support for IronPython. How do things look to the folks involved in those projects?

I would target June / July at this point ;-)    I know I deserve a "I told you so" from Chuck --- I will take it.

There is a bit of work that Mark is doing that would be good to include, also some modifications to the re-factoring that will support better small array performance.

It may make sense for a NumPy 1.6 to come out in March / April in the interim.

Thoughts?

-Travis