[Numpy-discussion] compatibility for supporting more than 2 versions of numpy

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 15:27:26 EST 2011

After upgrading to numpy 1.5.1 I got caught by some depreciated
features. Given the depreciation policy of numpy, if we want to
support more than two versions of numpy, then we need some conditional
execution.

Does anyone have any compatibility functions?

I haven't looked at it carefully yet, but statsmodels might need
things like the following if we want to support numpy 1.3

    if np.__version__ < '1.5':
        freq,hsupp = np.histogram(rvs, histsupp, new=True)
    else:
        freq,hsupp = np.histogram(rvs,histsupp)

matplotlib says it supports numpy >=1.1 but I didn't see any
compatibility code that I could "borrow".
Or do I worry for nothing? The compatibility.py in statsmodels is
still almost empty.

Josef