[Numpy-discussion] GSOC

Jaidev Deshpande deshpande.jaidev at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 23:37:13 EST 2011

Hi!

> Along with test coverage, have any of you considered any systematic
> monitoring of NumPy performance?

I'm mildly obsessed with performance and benchmarking of NumPy. I used
to use a lot of MATLAB until a year back and I tend to compare Python
performance with it all the time. I generally don't feel happy until
I'm convinced that I've extracted the last bit of speed out of my
Python code.

I think the generalization of this idea is more or less equivalent to
performance benchmarking. Of course, I know there's a lot more than
'MATLAB vs Python' to it. I'd be more than happy to be involved. GSoC
or otherwise.

Where do I start?

Thanks