[Numpy-discussion] Problem with changes to f2py

John Salvatier jsalvati at u.washington.edu
Thu Dec 29 17:16:46 EST 2011

Hi Numpy users!

I maintain the boundary value problem solver package
scikits.bvp_solver<http://pypi.python.org/pypi/scikits.bvp_solver>.
It's had problems with f2py for a while, and I am not sure where they are
coming from. I made this stackoverflow
post<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7707414/problems-compiling-with-changes-to-f2py>some
time ago, but I didn't get any solutions.

Here are the details:

I am trying to update my package scikits.bvp_solver (source
here<https://github.com/jsalvatier/scikits.bvp_solver/>)
and I have run into some problems with f2py generated files. The files
'bvp_solverf-f2pywrappers2.f90' and 'bvp_solverfmodule.c' which were
generated in 2009 allow the package to be built in place with "python
setup.py build_ext --inplace" but if I delete them and try to rebuild I get
the error

scikits/bvp_solver/lib/bvp_solverf-f2pywrappers2.f90:218.48:

use guess_3_wrap__user__routines
1
Fatal Error: Can't open module file 'guess_3_wrap__user__routines.mod' for
reading at (1): No such file or directory
scikits/bvp_solver/lib/bvp_solverf-f2pywrappers2.f90:11.19:

The file bvp_interface.pyf specifies a python
module guess_3_wrap__user__routines, but I do not see this show up in the
f2py generated modules.

The part the adds this use statement does not appear in the old version of
the file. I am having difficulty figuring out how to fix this issue. Can
anyone offer advice? What are the major changes to f2py in the last two
years?

I appreciate all clues on this issue.

Thank you in advance,
John