[Numpy-discussion] Long-standing issue with using numpy in embedded CPython

Pierre Haessig pierre.haessig at crans.org
Fri Dec 9 09:28:35 EST 2011

Le 09/12/2011 15:00, Robert Kern a écrit :
> Using multiprocessing is fine. That starts up multiple interpreters in
> *different*  processes. Yang is using a non-Python program that embeds
> the CPython interpreter and starts up multiple copies of it in the
> same process.
Ok, now I think I understand. I was not aware it was possible to embed
multiple CPython instances  into one process.
So I guess IPython's multiprocessing infrastructure I once briefly
considered is also safe since it runs multiple kernels. I'm relieved to
hear that !

Thank you very much for the explanation.

Pierre