[Numpy-discussion] Long-standing issue with using numpy in embedded CPython

Pierre Haessig pierre.haessig at crans.org
Fri Dec 9 08:18:04 EST 2011

Le 09/12/2011 09:31, Robert Kern a écrit :
> We have some global state
> that we need to keep, and this gets interfered with in a multiple
> interpreter environment.
I recently got interested in multiprocessing computation with numpy and
now I get scare by your statement !
Please don't tell me it is unsafe to launch multiple jobs (for instance
with multiprocressing's Pool.map) just doing some ndarray arithmetic !

That's why I'd like to understand better the issue raised by Yang. For
instance, what does exactly "multiple CPython interpreters" stands for ?

Best,
Pierre