[Numpy-discussion] numpy 1.7.0 release?

Thouis (Ray) Jones thouis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 11:23:14 EST 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 22:11, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
> To be a bit more detailed here, these are the most significant pull requests
> / patches that I think can be merged with a limited amount of work:
> meshgrid enhancements: http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/966
> sample_from function: https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/151
> loadtable function: https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/143
>
> Other maintenance things:
> - un-deprecate putmask
> - clean up causes of "DType strings 'O4' and 'O8' are deprecated..."
> - fix failing einsum and polyfit tests
> - update release notes

I'd suggest that, if possible, someone with sufficient knowledge to
evaluate it look at ticket #1990 (data truncation from arrays of
strings and integers), since it's both potentially dangerous, as well
as a new bug introduced between 1.5.1 and 1.6.1.  It might be
straightforward to fix without too much difficulty, and if so, I think
it's probably worth it.

My opinion might be unduly influenced by a collaborator having been
bitten by this bug recently, and having to throw away and redo a few
weeks of calculations and analysis.

Ray Jones