[Numpy-discussion] SVD does not converge on "clean" matrix

Charanpal Dhanjal dhanjal at telecom-paristech.fr
Sun Aug 14 08:22:07 EDT 2011

I had a quick look at the code
(https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/master/numpy/linalg/linalg.py) and
the numpy.linalg.svd function calls lapack_lite.dgesdd (for real
matrices) so I guess the non-convergence occurs in this function. As I
understood lapack_lite is used by default unless numpy is installed with
ATLAS/MKL etc. I wonder why svd works for Nadav and not for anyone else?
Any ideas anyone?

Charanpal