[Numpy-discussion] Remove deprecated skiprows

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 19:32:39 EDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 18:20, Wes McKinney <wesmckinn at gmail.com> wrote:

> FYI:
>
> http://docs.python.org/library/warnings.html
>
> "DeprecationWarning     Base category for warnings about deprecated
> features (ignored by default)."
>
> Maybe DeprecationWarnings should be changed to something that isn't
> ignored by default so users see it?

The Python devs made DeprecationWarnings silent by default for a
reason. They unnecessarily annoy and frighten application end users
who don't know what they are, where they are coming from, or how to
silence them. The recommended practice is for library users (who do or
should know those things) to run their test suites with the warnings
turned on.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."