[Numpy-discussion] Improvements to SciPy.org Server

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 21:22:38 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:48 AM, Aaron River <ariver at enthought.com> wrote:
> Greetings Gentle Folk,
>
> I'm happy to announce that the server hosting SciPy.org,
> as well as other OSS projects, has been migrated into a
> cluster assigned to our community support efforts.

As someone who has been grateful, yet frustrated over the years
because the flakiness of the server has impacted ipython on occasion,
I'd like to thank you for this!

I can tell right away that things are *much* better, because this page
had become very hit-or-miss on whether it would even render at all
(and when it did, it usually took forever to come back):

http://www.scipy.org/Topical_Software

and now it's instant.  I hadn't seen that page render this quickly
since the day I created it as a tiny list of bookmarks some 6 years
ago!

So many, many thanks :)