[Numpy-discussion] Can we freeze the subversion repository and move to github this week?

Travis Oliphant oliphant at enthought.com
Tue Sep 14 19:05:23 EDT 2010

On Sep 13, 2010, at 6:20 PM, Pauli Virtanen wrote:

> Mon, 13 Sep 2010 21:41:18 +0000, Pauli Virtanen wrote:
> [clip]
>> I can upload a "final" repository today/tomorrow. If it seems OK, we can
>> freeze SVN trunk a few days after that.
>>
>> Or we can freeze the trunk sooner than that after the "final" repo is
>> up, and patch up things manually, if something turns up (unlikely).
>
> Here we go:
>
> 	http://github.com/numpy/numpy
>
> 	http://github.com/numpy/vendor

Thanks!   This is really great work.   So much thanks is due to Pauli and David for making this happen.     I will get Aaron River to freeze the SVN trunk as well as work on trac integration.

There may be some learning for using the git workflow, and but it sounds like there are some good tutorials for doing it.

I've heard several people say that once they used git, they can't imagine going back to SVN.

-Travis