[Numpy-discussion] kron produces F-contiguous?

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Thu Sep 2 09:04:44 EDT 2010

Wed, 01 Sep 2010 18:24:16 -0400, Neal Becker wrote:
> It seems if I call kron with 2 C-contiguous arrays, it returns an F-
> contiguous array.  Any reason for this (it's not what I wanted)?

Implementation detail.

I don't think we have or want to have a policy of C-contiguous return
values -- if you need C-contiguity, you'll need to ensure it by using
`ascontiguousarray`.

Especially when we later on implement memory access pattern optimizations
for ufuncs, such assumptions will break down even more often.

--
Pauli Virtanen