[Numpy-discussion] whitespace in git repo

Friedrich Romstedt friedrichromstedt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 11:49:48 EDT 2010

Hi Peter,

2010/10/27 Peter <numpy-discussion at maubp.freeserve.co.uk>:
> I'm interested since we also use git (and github) for a Python
> project which is developed and tested on Linux, Mac OS X
> and Windows. We haven't done anything special with the
> repository settings about line endings... but so far it seems
> to be working with the defaults.

I can only guess, but I bet that you're using vim or any other editor
which can handle both.  Since Python has universal newline support, it
can also read both.  Seems that you're lucky that it's Python .....
:-)

You might use the od -c on Linux and Mac to check which files were
created on Win and which on LF OSes ... supposed that I'm right at
all.

Would be a good check of my assumptions.

Friedrich