[Numpy-discussion] NPZ format

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 00:31:54 EDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 22:10, David Warde-Farley
<wardefar at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> On 2010-10-01, at 7:22 PM, Robert Kern wrote:
>
>> Also some design, documentation, format version bump, and (not least)
>> code away. ;-)
>
> Would it require a format version number bump? I thought that was a .NPY thing, and NPZs were just zipfiles containing several separate NPY containers.

Perhaps that's what Francesc was intending to say, but he wrote "At
any rate, adding compression capability to .npy should be just one
parameter away, so perhaps is a good idea adding it." So that's what I
was responding to. Yes, adding regular ZIP compression to .npz files
should be just one parameter away without much thought.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco