[Numpy-discussion] Path to numpy installation

Juanjo Gomez Navarro juanjo.gomeznavarro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 04:31:50 EDT 2010

 Ok, so in your opinion I have two independent python installations? That's
possible... The problem is that I want to use ipython, and this interpreter
seems to take the wrong version by default...

Do you think it is safe just to delete the folder
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework to «uninstall» the wrong
version?

2010/11/1 Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com>

> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 12:35, Juanjo Gomez Navarro
> <juanjo.gomeznavarro at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, I have just updated my old version of numpy 1.01 to the version 1.5
> in
> > my Mac. The problem is that the system does not seem to recognize the new
> > version.
> > When I type print numpy.__path__ I get
> >
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/numpy
> > But the new version I have just installed is in
> >
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy
> > I don't know
> >
> how to change the path of the installation, or how to say python to search numpy in the new path
> > Any idea???
>
> When you run "python", apparently you are picking up the system's
> Python executable in /System/Library, not the other Python interpreter
> that you installed under /Library. You need to adjust your $PATH
> environment variable to put
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin before
> /usr/bin. Then when you type "python", you will get this installation
> of Python and all of its libraries.
>
> --
> Robert Kern

> though it had an underlying truth."
>   -- Umberto Eco

Juan José Gómez Navarro

Departamento de Física
Centro de Investigacion en Óptica y Nanofísica (CIOyN)
Universidad de Murcia
Campus Espinardo
E-30100 Murcia
España