[Numpy-discussion] Path to numpy installation

Juanjo Gomez Navarro juanjo.gomeznavarro at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 13:35:39 EDT 2010

Hi, I have just updated my old version of numpy 1.01 to the version 1.5 *in
my Mac*. The problem is that the system does not seem to recognize the new
version.

When I type print numpy.__path__ I get

/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/numpy

But the new version I have just installed is in

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy

I don't know
how to change the path of the installation, or how to say python to
search numpy in the new path

Any idea???

2010/10/18 Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com>

> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 9:55 PM, Vincent Davis <vincent at vincentdavis.net>
> wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 5:35 AM, Ralf Gommers
> > <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I am pleased to announce the availability of the first release
> >> candidate of NumPy 1.5.1. This is a bug-fix release with no new
> >> features compared to 1.5.0.
> >>
> >> Binaries, sources and release notes can be found at
> >> https://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/.
> >> A note on the available binaries for OS X: these are known to not work
> >> on Intel-based OS X 10.5. We hope to have that problem fixed within a
> >> week.
> >>
> >> On Windows there are still two known test failures:
> >> - #1610, in fromfile (under Python 2.x)
> >> - #1633, a failing test for ldexp (under Python 2.5 only)
> >> Please report any other issues on the Numpy-discussion mailing list.
> >
> > Test pass for me.
> > osx 10.6 py27
> >
> > OK (KNOWNFAIL=4, SKIP=2)
> > <nose.result.TextTestResult run=2648 errors=0 failures=0>
> >
> Glad it works for you. But I just reopened the OS X gfortran issue,
> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1399.
>
> RC2 in one week. Two other issues to be fixed by then:
> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1610 (Pauli has suggested a fix
> already)
> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1633
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf

Juan José Gómez Navarro

Departamento de Física
Centro de Investigacion en Óptica y Nanofísica (CIOyN)
Universidad de Murcia
Campus Espinardo
E-30100 Murcia
España