[Numpy-discussion] Extending documentation to c code

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Tue May 25 03:30:58 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 2:09 PM, David Goldsmith
<d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com> wrote:

> This does sound promising/a good first step.  But it doesn't really answer
> Charles' question about a standard (which would be useful to have to help
> guide doc editor design).

it does - I looked into synopsis because we could use rest, and I
don't think anyone wants to go the doxygen route. Just putting rest
comments into sources is not useful (since just *extracting* them is
non trivial for C/C++). I think the documentation project taught us
that being able to build a decent looking document is required for
people to actually document things.

Also, I may have not been clear, but when I said I thought about it, I
meant I have tried it and it did not work after one hour of two of
tinkering (then I realized that you need to parse C to do anything
useful).

David