[Numpy-discussion] Technicalities of the SVN -> GIT transition

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 14:09:39 EDT 2010

Hi,

>> I don't think correcting the email addresses in the SVN history is very
>> useful. Best probably just use some dummy form, maybe
>
> That's what svn2git already does, so that would be less work for me :)
> It may not matter much, but I think there is at least one argument for
> having real emails: to avoid having duplicate committers (i.e. pvirtanen
> is the same committer before and after the git transition). But this is
> only significant for current committers.

It seems right to try and keep the commit author the same for pre and
post SVN commits if possible.

Maybe you could put up a list of those people whose emails you need to
scrape (obviously without the email addresses) and ask for opt-out?
Or opt-in if you think that's better?

Thanks for looking into this.

Matthew