[Numpy-discussion] Numpy 1.4.1 fails to build on (Debian) alpha and powepc

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Tue Jul 20 10:21:54 EDT 2010

Hi David,

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:34, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com> wrote:
>> yes, I see it at r8510
>
> I quickly adapted the code from the Sun math library for the linux ppc
> long double format. Let me know if it works (if possible, you should
> run the test suite).

thanks for working on it :)

I checked out numpy at r8511 and built it on powerpc, attached the
buildlog (it crashed at doc generation, but the setup.py build were
done before, and went fine).

I've python2.x setup.py install --prefix install/ and execute the
tests from there with:

~/numpy/install$ PYTHONPATH=lib/python2.6/site-packages/ python2.6 -c
"import numpy; print numpy.test()" &> ../testlog_2.6
~/numpy/install$ PYTHONPATH=lib/python2.5/site-packages/ python2.5 -c
"import numpy; print numpy.test()" &> ../testlog_2.5

attached the testlogs too: there are a couple of failures.

> I will look at the alpha thing later,

Thanks a lot for your support!

Regards,