[Numpy-discussion] performance matrix multiplication vs. matlab

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 7 12:36:31 EST 2010

Sturla Molden wrote:
> I would suggest using GotoBLAS instead of ATLAS.

> http://www.tacc.utexas.edu/tacc-projects/

That does look promising -- nay idea what the license is? They don't
make it clear on the site (maybe it it is you set up a user account and
download, but I'd rather know up front). The only reference I could find
is from 2006:

http://www.utexas.edu/news/2006/04/12/tacc/

and in that, they refer to one of those annoying "free for academic and
scientific use" clauses.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov