[Numpy-discussion] How to test f2py?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 03:15:44 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> Boy, that code is *old*, it still uses Numeric ;) I don't think it can
> really be considered a test suite, it needs lotsa love and it needs to get
> installed. Anyway, f2py with py3k turns out to have string problems, and I
> expect other type problems, so there is considerable work that needs to be
> done to bring it up to snuff. Sounds like gsoc material. I'm not going to
> worry about it any more until later.

If it would take a GSoC to make it up to work, it may be time better
spent on improving fwrap.

Maybe Pearu would have some ideas, but the problem I see with f2py
today is that it is pretty much Pearu's work only, and given that the
code has a relatively low unit test suite, the code is not that easy
to dive in for someone else.

cheers,

David