[Numpy-discussion] Best interface for computing the logarithm of the determinant?

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Fri Feb 19 03:08:50 EST 2010

Thanks for your comments, all. Since it occurs to me that this is a
general need, not just for sparse matrices, and it would be very
annoying to settle on one API for scikits.sparse and then have another
show up in one of the main packages later, I've just submitted a patch
for option (1) to numpy:
  http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1402
And we'll see what happens with that :-)