David Cournapeau david at silveregg.co.jp
Thu Feb 11 20:23:02 EST 2010

Travis Oliphant wrote:

> This is true, but you could make a NumPy 1.4.x binary and the old
> SciPy binary would still presumably work.

There is still the cython issue, although it concerns only some packages
(stats and spatial IIRC), and there is an error message at least. I
regenerated the cython files in the 0.7.x branch, so people could at
least prepare compatible binaries themselves (and as in numpy, releasing
a purely source tarball for scipy is much less of an issue - I can do it
right now since almost nothing went in the 0.7.x branch since the 0.7.1
release).

cheers,

David