Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 03:23:27 EST 2010

Hi,

> Just a comment: I would like to point out that there is (necessarily)
> some arbitrary threshold to who is being recognized as "people who are
> actively writing the code". Over the last year, I have posted fixes
> for multiple bugs and extended the ufunc wrapping mechanisms
> (__array_prepare__) which were included in numpy-1.4.0, and have also
> been developing the quantities package, which is intimately tied up
> with numpy's development. I don't think that makes me a major
> contributor like you or Chuck etc., but I am heavily invested in
> numpy's development and an active contributor.

Yes - I think that's a valid point - that there is a spectrum in our
contributions to numpy, and it is not possible to divide us very
clearly into those whose opinions count and those don't.  There's code
contribution, but there is also commitment and investment.  These
should also have their weight, in a healthy community.

Best,

Matthew