Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 4 13:22:00 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let me propose a schedule:
>
> 1.4.1 : Bug fix, no datetime, ~4-6wks from now.
> 2.0 : API break, datetime, hasobject changes, April - May timeframe
> 2.1 : Python 3K - Fall

I like your schedule in general.  The only change I would suggest is
releasing 1.4.1 ASAP with just datetime removed.  We can always
release a 1.4.2 with more bugfixes later.  I like getting a 2.0 out in
April-May with API break, datetime, and hasobject changes.  It gives
us time to communicate with all the other packagers and doesn't
prevent us from quickly getting datetime out.  The only thing I would
suggest is that we try to get at least experimental support for Py3k
out with the 2.0 release in April-May (even in an unreleased branch).
That way other projects (scipy, matplotlib, etc) could potentially
work on Py3k support over the summer as well.

--
Jarrod Millman
Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute