[Numpy-discussion] numpy for jython

David david at silveregg.co.jp
Thu Dec 23 21:39:42 EST 2010

On 12/24/2010 07:27 AM, John Salvatier wrote:
> I'm curious whether this kind of thing is expected to be relatively easy
> after the numpy refactor.

It would help, but it won't make it easy. I asked this exact question
some time ago to Enthought developers, and java would be more
complicated because there is no equivalent to C++/CLI in java world.
Don't take my word for it, though, because I know very little about ways
to wrap native code on the jvm (or CLR for that matter).

I think more than one person is interested, though (I for one am more
interested in the JVM than the CLR),

cheers,

David