[Numpy-discussion] Release candidate 3 for NumPy 1.4.1 and SciPy 0.7.2

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 19 04:21:45 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Sebastian Haase <seb.haase at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> Congratulations. I might be unnecessarily dense - but what SciPy am I
> supposed to use with the new numpy 1.4.1 for Python 2.5? I'm surprised
> that there are no SciPy 0.7.2 binaries for Python 2.5 - is that
> technically not possible ?
>
> You're not being dense, there are no 2.5 scipy binaries. I did not succeed
in building them. The scipy 0.7 branch is so old (from Jan 2009) that it has
never been compiled on OS X 10.6, and I did not yet find a way to get it to
work. For Windows I also had problems, there it should be compiled against
numpy 1.2 while the 2.6 binaries are compiled against numpy 1.3. The
variations in numpy, python and OS just added up to make it unworkable.

I can give it another try after the final release, but first priority is to
finally release.

Cheers,
Ralf