[Numpy-discussion] how to specify cflags from within setup.py?

Rob Hetland hetland at tamu.edu
Fri Sep 25 13:48:49 EDT 2009

I have an external module that I am trying to compile as part of a
package.  It does not like to be compiled with -O3 optimization, and
requires -O2 at most.  I have tried the few things I know how to do,
like setting the extra_compile_args, and trying to change the CFLAGS,
but these do not seem to work.

Is there a way to explicitly specify compiler flags from within
setup.py?

-Rob

----
Rob Hetland, Associate Professor
Dept. of Oceanography, Texas A&M University
http://pong.tamu.edu/~rob
phone: 979-458-0096, fax: 979-845-6331