[Numpy-discussion] Numpy savetxt: change decimal separator

Gökhan Sever gokhansever at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 09:41:34 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 2:07 AM, <markus.proeller at ifm.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I save data to a file with the following statement:
>
> np.savetxt(fileName, transpose((average_dist, std_deviation, maximum_dist,
> sum_of_dist)), delimiter = ';', fmt='%6.10f')
>
> is there a possibility to change the decimal seperator from a point to
> comma ?
> And another question I import this file to excel, is there also a
> possiblity to create a headline for each column, that the file looks like
> the following example:

I don't know how to accomplish the first task, but for the latter the
following lines should work:

fid = open(fileName, 'w')
fid.write("average; standard deviation; maximum distance; sum of distances")
np.savetxt(fid, transpose((average_dist, std_deviation, maximum_dist,
sum_of_dist)), delimiter = ';', fmt='%6.10f')
fid.close()

> average; standard deviation; maximum distance; sum of distances
> 0,26565; 0,65565; 2,353535; 25, 5656
>
> Thanks,
>
> Markus

Gökhan