[Numpy-discussion] Best way to insert C code in numpy code

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Sep 21 15:09:12 EDT 2009

Xavier Gnata wrote:
> David Cournapeau wrote:
>> That's only a data point, but I almost always use cython in those cases,

I'm a second data point, but I think there are many more. Judging from
the SciPy conference, Cython is the preferred method for new projects.

> Should I read that to learn you cython and numpy interact?

> http://wiki.cython.org/tutorials/numpy

That's probably the best starting point.

Also look online for the videos of the presentations at the SciPy2009
conference -- there were a few Cython ones.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov