[Numpy-discussion] Numpy question: Best hardware for Numpy?

René Dudfield renesd at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 09:15:29 EDT 2009

hi,

Definitely memory speed is probably the biggest thing to consider.
Also using 64bit if you need to do lots of calculations, and cache
things.

ACML is another alternative... but I've never tried linking it with numpy
http://developer.amd.com/cpu/Libraries/acml/Pages/default.aspx

AMD Phenom II is their latest chip, but I haven't tried that either.

The chips in the latest mac pro run really quick :)  Dual 4 core...
with lower ghz, but faster memory speed makes my numpy stuff go faster
than the higher ghz previous gen mac pro cpus.

cu,