[Numpy-discussion] I want to help with a numpy python 3.1.x port

René Dudfield renesd at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 15:14:56 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 5:49 PM, René Dudfield <renesd at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 5:36 PM, René Dudfield <renesd at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Charles R Harris
>> <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Numpy relies on nose for testing. I know that there is a py3k branch for
>>> nose but it doesn't look very active and I don't know its current state. Do
>>> you know anything about that?
>>>
>>> Chuck
>>
>> ah, bugger.  No I don't.  I can find out though...  I'll write back
>> with what I find.
>>

>> cu,
>>

> ok... so this is the py3k branch here...
>    svn checkout http://python-nose.googlecode.com/svn/branches/py3k nose3
>
> It does look old, as nose has since moved to mecurial from svn.
> Apparently it works though... but I haven't tried it.
>
> Here is the mailing list post from april which says it's working:
>    http://groups.google.com/group/nose-users/browse_thread/thread/3463fc48bad31ee8#
>

> btw, for python code you can run the test suite with python -3 to get
> it to print warnings about python3 incompatible things used.  I think
> we could use this to at least start getting python3 incompatible stuff
> running on python2.6.
>
> In fact, that's where I'll start with.
>

> cheers,

Hi,

I'll be uploading stuff to github at http://github.com/illume/numpy3k.
    git clone git://github.com/illume/numpy3k.git

It's from numpy trunk... I hope that is ok.

Not much there yet of course. Only added a PY3K.txt file with notes
from this thread.  This will be the file you talked about with the
porting notes, and todos/status/plans etc.

Will email when there's other stuff to look at.  Maybe you could try
pulling from there and committing that file to svn as a test that my
setup is working?

cheers,