[Numpy-discussion] defmatrix move - new docstrings disappeared

Pauli Virtanen pav+sp at iki.fi
Fri Sep 18 03:42:08 EDT 2009

Thu, 17 Sep 2009 21:16:12 -0400, Ralf Gommers wrote:

> There is a lot more it turns out:
>
> atleast_1d
> atleast_2d
> atleast_3d
> hstack
> vstack
> correlate2
> linspace
> logspace
> finfo
> iinfo
> MachAr

So it seems -- David's been moving stuff around lately.

> Based on this I suspect there is quite a bit of work that got lost
> earlier in the summer. A couple of times I saw the count of "needs
> editing" in the stats go up by several or even several tens. At the time
> I thought those were all objects that were new to NumPy, but more likely
> they got moved around and the doc writers redid the work.

I doubt that -- not so much has been moved around. It's easy to see from
"git log --stat -M -C" that only shape_base, getlimits, and machar have
been moved around since 2007.

The main cause for "Needs editing" increasing is that I elevated
occasionally some items from "Unimportant" status that were actually
important.

If you have good ideas how to the "move/delete warnings" should appear in
the web UI, and what the application should do to make it easy to fix
them, go ahead and tell them. Designing the UI and how it should work is
the first part of the work in making any improvements.

--
Pauli Virtanen