[Numpy-discussion] defmatrix move - new docstrings disappeared

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 17 11:21:43 EDT 2009

Hi,

After the recent move of the matrix module, all the changes to the
docstrings have disappeared from the doc wiki. I imagine the changes still
live somewhere in the underlying repo but are not visible to the user. Can
they be restored? If there is some unforeseen problem with that, I do have a
recent patch saved that contains the latest edits (but of course it won't
apply cleanly).

I saved that patch from the wiki because I was worried about the large
number of unmerged changes, there are about 500 docstrings with changes
right now (close to 50% of all important docstrings). Would it make sense to
make sure (maybe with an automatic reminder email) that changes from the
wiki get merged if there are enough changes - 100 changed docstrings or
changes older than two months, say?

I know it is quite a bit of work to do the merge. I remember Pauli saying
that most of the work was reviewing all changes to make sure they are an
improvement over the current svn version. Is that correct? I can help with
that if necessary.

Cheers,
Ralf