[Numpy-discussion] numpy 1.3.0 and g95 on Mac Os X

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 15:35:38 EDT 2009

2009/9/15 Charles سمير Doutriaux <doutriaux1 at llnl.gov>:
> Thanks Robert,
>
> That's exactly what I recommended her. Except I usually get gfortran
> from http://hpc.sourceforge.net

I cannot recommend and cannot support the compilers on the hpc site.
They are often compiled from buggy, unreleased and unofficial versions
of gfortran, they frequently do not support all of the Mac flags and
architectures, and they are released in unversioned tarballs so that
there is no way to identify which release had which problems or to go
back to a working release.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."