[Numpy-discussion] numpy 1.3.0 and g95 on Mac Os X

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 15:24:59 EDT 2009

2009/9/15 Charles سمير Doutriaux <doutriaux1 at llnl.gov>:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a user that failed to install numpy 1.3.0 on her Mac 10.5.8.
>
> Turns out she is not using gfortran but g95.
>
> Is it a known feature? Is g95 not supposed to work with numpy?

Probably not for Mac. Most likely no one has done the work necessary
to get the right flags for Mac builds of g95.

Also, she will need to use --fcompiler=g95.

I highly recommend using the gfortran builds from this site, though:

  http://r.research.att.com/tools/

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."