[Numpy-discussion] iteration slowing, no increase in memory

John [H2O] washakie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 13:03:20 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have a routine that is iterating through a series of directories, loading
files, plotting, then moving on...

It runs very well for the first few iterations, but then slows tremendously
- there is nothing significantly different about the files or directory in
which it slows. I've monitored the memory use, and it is not increasing.
I've looked at what other possible explanations there may be, but I am at a
loss.

Does anyone have suggestions for where to start looking. I recognized
without the code it is difficult, but I don't know that there is any one
'piece' of code to post, and it's problem not of interest for me to post the
entire script here.

Thanks!