[Numpy-discussion] genfromtext advice

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Tue Sep 1 07:18:32 EDT 2009

> Mmh, perhaps.
Thanks for the quick reply.

> I'll try to see what I can do. Usually, this message
> shows up when one of the lines you have read doesn't have the same
> number of columns as the others.
Could we add this error to the docstring?
As I suggested, It would be helpful to get the line number where this occurs.

>You mentioned that you're skipping
> one line : try skipping a few more and check.
Here is an example:
http://pastebin.com/m508d1d00

If I skip the first 5512 lines everything goes well.

> You're 100% sure that you didn't miss
> something in the conversion ?
Yes. And just did it again.
Just edited the html source and then saved to text. no magic.

> Can you post the result  (or send a link
> to?)
May I add a improvement request and append the file there?

Thanks,
Timmie