[Numpy-discussion] opening pickled numarray data with numpy

Jason Rennie jrennie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 19:51:53 EDT 2009

Try creating an empty module/class with the given name.  I.e. create a
'numarray' dir off your PYTHONPATH, create an empty __init__.py file, create
a 'generic.py' file in that dir and populate it with whatever class python
complains about like so:
#!/usr/bin/env python

class MissingClass(object):
    pass

Cheers,

Jason

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 1:00 PM, dagmar wismeijer <dagmarwi at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to open (using numpy) old pickled data files that I once
> created using numarray, but I keep getting the message that there is no
> module numarray.generic.
> Is there any way I could open these datafiles without installing numarray
> again?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dagmar

Jason Rennie