[Numpy-discussion] genfromtxt - the return

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 16:16:23 EDT 2009

On Oct 7, 2009, at 3:54 PM, Bruce Southey wrote:

> Anyhow, I do like what genfromtxt is doing so merging multiple
> delimiters of the same type is not really needed.

Thinking about it, merging multiple delimiters of the same type can be
tricky: how do you distinguish between, say,
"AAA\t\tCCC" where you expect 2 fields and "AAA\t\tCCC" where you
expect 3 fields but the second one is missing ?
I think 'genfromtxt' works consistently right now (but of course, as
soon as I say that we'll find some counter-examples), so let's not
break it. Yet.