[Numpy-discussion] Questions about masked arrays

Gökhan Sever gokhansever at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 13:35:41 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Christopher Barker
<Chris.Barker at noaa.gov>wrote:

> Gökhan Sever wrote:
> >      > Sorry too much time spent in ipython -pylab :)
>
> > Good reflex. Saves you from making extra explanations. But it works with
> > just typing array why should I type np.array (Ohh my namespacess :)
>
> Because it shouldn't work that way! I use -pylab, but I've added:
>
>      o.pylab_import_all = 0
>
> to my ipy_user_conf.py file, so I don't get the namespace pollution.
>
> -Chris

Yes, I am aware of this fact. Still either from laziness or practicality I
prefer typing plot to plt.plot and arange to np.arange while I have write
them so many times in one day.

Do you know what shortcut name is used for scipy package itself?

> --
> Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
> Oceanographer
>
> Emergency Response Division
> 7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax
>
> Chris.Barker at noaa.gov

Gökhan