[Numpy-discussion] genfromtxt - the return

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 22:27:12 EDT 2009

On Oct 6, 2009, at 10:08 PM, Bruce Southey wrote:
> No, just seeing what sort of problems I can create. This case is
> partly based on if someone is using tab-delimited then they need to
> set the delimiter='\t' otherwise it gives an error. Also I often parse
> text files so, yes, you have to be careful of the delimiters. It is
> also arises because certain programs like spreadsheets there is the
> option to merge delimiters - actually in SAS it is default (you need
> to specify the DSD option).

Ahah! I get it. Well, I remmbr that we discussed something like that a
few months ago when I started working on np.genfromtxt, and the
default of *not* merging whitespaces was requested. I gonna check
whether we can't put this option somewhere now...

> Anyhow, I am really impressed on how this function works.

Thx. I hope things haven't been slowed down too much.