[Numpy-discussion] failure building trunk with mingw

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 22:16:52 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 12:15 AM,  <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:

> I also ran the test of some old scipy against the trunk numpy:
>
> scipy.0.7.0('4826') finishes tests with some display errors
> scipy0.7.1rc3 test suite crashes
> both scipy versions build by David, according to  __config__.py

I have build scipy 0.7.1 against numpy 1.3.0, and then tested the
installed scipy when run against numpy trunk, and I did not get any
crash.

It would be nice to have a way to test this automatically - the recent
changes I have made to track API changes should hopefully be more
robust, but there is no way to guarantee that we did not change more
subtle problems like struct changing their layout, etc... without a
thorough test of our C API.

cheers,

David